« Older   Newer »

1. wendigo
        +1   -1

User deleted

:: FAQ PolarBox2 Service Software ::
    :: Frequently Asked Questions ::

1. Install / Register PolarBox2
    1.1 How can I install my PolarBox2 ?
    1.2 How can I get PolarBox Support Access ?

2. Alcatel Phones (New models - Exxx Series)
    2.1 Repair bad unlocked Alcatel Exxx phones (killed by other solutions)

3. Alcatel Phones (Old models - BE BF BH TH etc ... )
    3.1 Can I Kill my Alcatel phone unlocking with PolarBox2 Service Software ?
    3.2 My Alcatel phone doesnīt works after unlocking ... What can I do ?
    3.3 Possible to flashing/repairing Alcatel phones with PolarBox ?

4. BlackBerry Phones
    4.1 Canīt read codes. Requirements and problems.
    4.2 Which cable I must use it ?

5. Other questions (Problems)
    5.1 Software not works. Polar Suite not open (or close quickly).
    5.2 Canīt connect with phones (communication errors).
    5.3 I canīt get access to the NEW support area (without login/pass).

1. Install / Register PolarBox2

1.1 How can I install my PolarBox ?

- First of all, enter in the support section of PolarBox2 website. ( Http://www.polarbox2.net/support.php )
    - Download FULL INSTALLER (latest version) and install in your computer. ( Http://62.193.226.90/PolarBox2_Installer_V15.exe )
    - Plug PolarBox2 in your computer. System will ask for drivers, select drivers path. ( C:\Program Files\Polar Box\Drivers )
    - You will find INSTALL and UNINSTALL manuals here.

PolarBox2 Install manual
    PolarBox2 UnInstall manual

- Finally, If you have any problem, please write us at [email protected].

1.2 How can I get PolarBox Support Access?

* For get access to support, you must register box at register section. ( Http://www.polarbox2.net/register.php )
    * Please fill all data correctly first time.
    * Here you can find Reader. ( This will give you Serial Number and Register Code )

Serial / Register Code Reader

IMPORTANT !!!

- When you fill user and password, not use more than 8 characters. ( Max. length 8 )
    - We won't entertain the changing of email address, please enter correct information when register.

2. Alcatel Phones (New models - Exxx Series)

2.1 Repair bad unlocked Alcatel Exxx phones (killed by other solutions)

* Connect phone to PolarBox2 Software.
    * Select REPAIR OLD or REPAIR NEW option, and press REPAIR DEAD button. ( exist two versions, try with both )
    * After each repair, unlock it. Phone must works without problems.

IMPORTANT !!!

* If phone has been fullflashed, canīt be repaired with this function ( you need to calculate security zones )

3. Alcatel Phones (Old models - BE BF BH TH etc ... )

3.1 Can I Kill my Alcatel phone unlocking with PolarBox2 Service Software ?

* No. Software only modify few bytes of lock zone inside the phone.

3.2 My Alcatel phone doesnīt works after unlocking ... What can I do ?

* PolarBox is the only software that brings you the possibility of relocking automatically your phone.
    When you unlock one phone, software do automatically backup of your locked zones. For restore your phone to original state, only you need to click in the "Relock" button.

If the phone is a Th3 o Th4, PolarBox give you two ways for repair it:

--> Warning !!! Allways do FULL BACKUP of your phones before.

Repair Method:

* Download from /Repairs/ directory the zip file with same model and version of your phone.
    * Unzip this file inside "Repairs" directory.
    * Connect phone and click in "Rep. Unlock" button.

FullRepair Method:

If with this method u canīt revivor phone, then will do this:

* Download from /Full_Repairs/ directory the zip file with same model and version of your phone.
    * Unzip this file inside "FullReps" directory.
    * Connect phone, go to "Full Repair" section and clicks on "Write Full Repair"
    * Select file desired and unzip inside "FullReps and wait to finish process.
    * If the phone not was fullflashed ( destroyed TEH zone ) before, now will work without errors.
    * Then only need to do "Unlock".

3.3 Possible to flashing/repairing Alcatel phones with PolarBox?

* Yes. Take a look to the 2.2 section

4. BlackBerry Phones

4.1 Canīt read codes. Requirements and problems.

* Download from support Blackberry drivers ( and install ). If you already are using original BlackBerry drivers uninstall it before.
    * Download from support WinDriver_Installer.zip ( and install ).
    * After this, verify your BlackBerry version. If your BB version is 3.x.x.xxx you must upgrade before for unlock it.
    * For upgrade, read carefully instructions and follow step by step in the BlackBerry_Howto.pdf inside support.
    * Power on BlackBerry and wait until phone in completely switched on ( it takes few seconds )
    * And for last, press READ CODES button and connect to datacable ( polarbox2 will read code in few seconds )

--> Warnings !!!

* For read codes you MUST use our PolarBox BlackBerry drivers. Original drivers of BlackBerry NOT WORKS !!
    * If you have original drivers ( from BlackBerry CD ) already installed, UNINSTALL before install PolarBox Drivers

* If BlackBerry got usercode, you canīt unlock it. First you must erase usercode before read unlock code.
    TIP: Put wrong 10 times usercode when BlackBerry ask for this. Usercode will be reseted.

4.2 Which cable I must use it ?

* You must use normal mini-usb datacable ( like motorola MPX200, for example )
    * DataCable can be used in PolarBox2 USB Port or you can connect directly to your computer.

5. Other questions (Problems)

5.1 Software not works. Polar Suite not open (or close quickly).

* Verify that you have correctly installed all PolarBox2 drivers. ( if you not sure, reinstall FULL INSTALLER )
    * Check that PolarBox Ftdi and PolarBox Micro devices are correctly installed in your computer. ( little bear icons )
    * After this, verify that box is connected and try to run PolarBox2 suite. Software must open it.
    * If finally not works, please put in contact with your reseller for repair or change it.

5.2 Canīt connect with phones (communication errors).

* Verify that you have correctly installed all PolarBox2 drivers. ( if you not sure, reinstall FULL INSTALLER )
    * Check that you not have other box or dongle connected at same time.
    * This can give you problems with other products ( Ftdi chipset ). Disconnect and reconnect PolarBox2.
    * Verify that RJ45 female from box is not damaged, and too verify your datacable used.
    * Verify leds of box. If both leds are allways power on ( not blinking ), or not blink never, FT232BM is damaged.
    * Any other problem, please contact with your reseller for try to solve as soon as possible.

5.3 I canīt get access to the NEW support area (without login/pass).

* For get access, you must use PolarBox2 Suite 1.2.3 or newer. ( Older versions not have direct access to support )
    * Please, download INSTALLER ( latest version ) and install in your computer. ( PolarBox2_Installer_V15.exe )
    * After this, open PolarBox2 Suite and click on SUPPORT button.

0 replies since 23/10/2007, 23:39   537 views